Businesses in today’s world need to be nimble, responsive, and productive. Often faced with smaller operating budgets, companies are continuously seeking ways to do more with less. That’s a challenge for the Segway Personal Transporter (PT). The Segway PT improves employee productivity, maneuverability and response time, while taking up less space, less energy, and creating fewer emissions. A Segway PT can bring many benefits to your organization, including:
- Multiply Your Force: employees can complete their daily rounds up to three times faster and can do so more frequently when using a Segway PT versus walking.
- Improve Visibility: the Segway PT’s higher platform height affords riders improved sightlines and visibility within their environment. This is especially helpful in industrial settings or crowded pedestrian areas.
- Promote Interaction and Awareness: the form factor and overall design of the Segway PT enables riders to engage with people and situations in a way that’s different than anything else. They’re more approachable and carry a greater presence.
- Improve Response Time and Reduce Fatigue: the Segway PT allows a rider to get from Point A to Point B more quickly and with less physical exertion. Employees can accomplish more without feeling fatigued at the end of every shift.
- Adaptable to the Setting: the Segway PT is utilized in a variety of corporate and industrial environments and easily transitions from indoor to outdoor settings. Cargo options enable riders to carry essential equipment with them.
- Support sustainability initiatives: sustainability policies are becoming more commonplace in corporate environments. Whether your company is seeking to reduce their carbon footprint or to reduce the costs associated with traditional fuel vehicles and their maintenance, the Segway PT can improve both.
Training & Implementation
A key component to a successful Segway PT implementation is a thorough training program. Learning to use a Segway PT is not difficult, but it does require some time and attention to understand what it can truly offer to your organization. These programs provide a product overview, safety information, and use-specific pointers so that you can develop consistent operating procedures.
Our business and public safety customers repeatedly tell us how important it is to develop this protocol to ensure that users consistently meet and exceed performance expectations. Segway Inc. and our Authorized Dealers offer training options that range from product orientation and basic rider instruction to train-the-trainer programs. We recommend that you work with a Segway representative to identify your specific training needs. A portion of this is ensuring you establish a proper program for helping your organization be self sufficient when adding new riders. To learn more about organizations that are currently using Segway PTs and their success stories, visit our case studies page. Contact us at 1-866-4SEGWAY for commercial sales information.
Segway PTs are available to try, rent or purchase throughout the world. Businesses interested in purchasing Segway PTs can learn more about the different purchasing options available by contacting us or through our global network of authorized dealers.Leasing options may be available for those who qualify.