- Visible and help project a stronger police presence
- Able to efficiently patrol larger areas 3x faster than on foot and with less fatigue
- Capable of traveling indoors, outdoors and over varied and uneven terrain
- Empowered to easily facilitate positive interaction with the communities they serve
- Able to proactively gather intelligence from citizens and ultimately prevent crime
- Improve response time by traveling up to 12.5 mph
- Trek indoors, outdoors, into elevators, up ramps and through doorways
- Turn with a true zero radius, pivot within its own shoulder width footprint and maneuver in very tight spaces, including between parked cars
- Traverse various terrain quickly and enable them to patrol vast areas to manage large crowds
- Helps staff in various roles to travel throughout large bases and vast facilities quickly
- Allows riders to easily travel indoors, outdoors, through doorways and into elevators
- Elevates the visibility, responsiveness and productivity of critical staff
- Travel up to 12.5 mph, arrive at emergencies quickly, without fatigue and with the composure needed to address the situation
- Accommodate Segway’s universal cargo plate and cargo bag options and conveniently carry the life saving medical equipment needed to treat patients until an ambulance arrives
- Maneuver through crowds and tight spaces and even through doorways and into elevators
Segway Patroller Models
From the top down, this new piece of patrolling arsenal has been designed with you in mind. You had visibility; we made you more visible with über-reflective shields. You started adding on lights; we packaged them better (and made them brighter). You stuck your organization insignia wherever you could; we created a better place for it. You wanted to carry more; we made the bag bigger. You wanted to feel okay about dumping the unit if you had to; we added a bumper that enables you to do just that. Take a look at the enhancements and you get why the Segway Patroller is the best choice for moving officers around and keeping people safer.
Optic yellow and white reflectivity
We noticed a trend in public safety – especially in Europe – with the increasing use of optic yellow to provide greater visibility of the rider. It is appearing in apparel, as decals on vehicles, and now it comes standard on the Segway Patroller. If it doesn’t jibe with your organization, there’s also white; both of which are made from 3M™ DiamondGrade™ reflective material. That’s the same high-grade stuff you see on street signs and vehicle edging. Shine a light at it and it shines right back at you with nearly blinding intensity.
You can choose black reflective identification lettering for police in multiple languages or security in English.
Red/blue or amber/white strobe lighting
Just below the top shield and above the center of the handlebar is a window that allows the integrated strobe lights to shine through. Choose between flashing red and blue or amber and white.
Each Segway PT uses patented dynamic stabilization technology that has been proven in the marketplace as a superior solution in crowded or tight venues. It empowers riders with unparalleled maneuverability (true zero turning radius) and a unique user interface that is so fluid we simply call it LeanSteer™ technology.
Segway Patroller i2 SE
Think about where you’ll be riding your Segway Patroller. If it’s mostly indoor or over smooth terrain, consider the Segway Patroller i2 SE model. Its smaller tires help to maximize range; getting you up to 24 miles/39 km on a single charge.
Need to travel over a variety of terrain? Consider the x2 SE model. It’s built just as tough and comes with knobby low-press tires that grip the grit. You can customize either model for your specific patrolling needs by choosing optic yellow or white reflectivity. From there, choose police or security labeling and whether or not you’d like red/blue or amber/white lights. Also available with white reflectivity LETTERING OPTIONS: – Police Lettering – Security Lettering
Segway Patroller x2 SE
If it’s more rugged terrain you’ll be traveling over outdoors, the x2 SE may be a better option for your organization. Its deeply treaded tires help carry you over dirt and loose gravel while providing for a comfortable ride.
The SE-3 Patroller is for those missions that require a larger vehicle which can display a more visible and obvious security presence (even in a parked position without a rider aboard), or those situations that require a rider to frequently mount and dismount the vehicle.